• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Selling my house but have to deal with these charges first but how much are they?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my house but have to deal with these charges first but how much are they?

I did post under LC1984 dated 20 June 2020 as it seemed similar to mine.
    Atticus was very helpful and thought Rob's reply was the best action. Basically, if I was able to follow Rob's suggestions how would I find out the figure?

I did ask further questions which I have copied below and if anyone can clarify this, I would be grateful

I had written -

1. On the Charges register I know there are two - it is Lloyds & Lowell. Does anyone know who the departments could be that would give me direct communication? (My letter to both back last year failed to get a response.)

2. Is there a department in the Courts - Norwich and Uxbridge that could be contacted for further information?

3. Is it too late IF I manage to contact them to make a reduced settlement figure prior to selling - OR - has this gone too far?

4. Regarding the Experian Report I mention above -

(Experian Credit Report - I paid for this in September 2022 at the same time I wrote to both Lloyds, Lowell and Courts but got no reply)

On Experian Credit Report - I can see figures for Lowell but Lloyds show £0 and what is confusing it says updated to 11 Sept 2022

Question - should the Charges Register information for Lowells & Lloyds appear on the Experian Credit Report?

Any thoughts regarding the above will be very much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Could anyone answer this question, above, for me please?

Question - should the Charges Register information for Lowells & Lloyds appear on the Experian Credit Report?

Comment

The questions you are asking raises further questions in order for us to understand what might be appropriate in your case.

1. If Lloyds and Lowells have placed a charge on your house, are you aware of the reasons behind this? I am assuming that they issued a claim against you and have been awarded judgment which resulted in these charges. Any background information to this would be helpful.

2. You can try to contact them to make a reduced settlement offer but why would they if they are guaranteed the money when the house is sold? Before you can offer anything you will need to know the relevant claim/account details.

3. Credit reports show your credit accounts and I've not seen a section where they would have the charges register on there, that's what the Land Registry is for and will be proprietary information which Experian would have to pay for.

If you don't have any idea about the court claims or any references, then I would suggest you try the Registry Trust as they manage all fines, judgments and orders. You will have to pay a fee but you can do it here Home (trustonline.org.uk). Once you have the claim number you can then contact the relevant court that handled the claim but the Registry Trust should hold the amount claimed originally. Be aware, if you the judgment is over 6 years old, courts are unlikely to have details of the claim if you need further information.

On Experian Credit Report - I can see figures for Lowell but Lloyds show £0 and what is confusing it says updated to 11 Sept 2022
      Defaults, late payments and other adverse entries like CCJs usually sit on your credit report for 6 years after that they drop off. If the account is showing as £0 then that might indicate that Lloyds has sold their interest in the debt to a third party. Does the account show as closed or still open/active?
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X