• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Right of Access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right of Access

Hello Everyone,

so i do have to give access to my neighbours on the right hand side of my property, this access hasn’t been used for years as my home was a pub before it was renovated into a single dwelling. My neighbour has right to pass and re-pass over foot or horse and cart (what the 1915 deeds state)
    this is absolutely fine I have accepted there right to cross my land, my question however is….
    In order for them to be able to swing their car into their narrow garden their gardener has explained that the slope would have to begin in my garden!! Ofcourse I do not want my garden sloping let alone having people in my garden with my two small children, am I in my rights to refuse this work to my land? Surely I am adhering to access by simply allowing them to pass!
    Tags: None

You have no duty to change your land to allow them access by car.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, straight to the point

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X