• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

House mate subletting to his girlfriend who is refusing to pay council tax.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House mate subletting to his girlfriend who is refusing to pay council tax.

From January of 2023, my house mates girlfriend will be moving in full time since she has been kicked out of her previous accommodation.

Her staying round before was not an issue since she had the option to stay somewhere else, but now she has no choice but to stay here. Unfortunately for the rest of us in the house, this wasn't an option and we weren't asked by our housemate.

She is essentially splitting the rent with our house mate, who is a student but she is not. We've come to an agreement for her to chip into bills which involved some arguing, but she is refusing to pay council tax, which some of the people in the house are liable for.

She is essentially saving money on our backs, while boasting about her high paying job. If she paid council tax she would still be paying less than everyone else.

I want to know if she should be liable for council tax and if so, how could I notify the council of this new tenant?

In her previous housing arrangement, bills and council tax were paid for her, and I don't believe someone fully able to pay their way should get away from this.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X