• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbour claims poisoning! Please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour claims poisoning! Please help!

Hello everyone, council tenant here...

A few weeks ago my 6yo daughter played with the taps in the bathroom and ended up flooding it. Thankfully we noticed quickly - it leaked into the downstairs flat causing flooded carpets. I lent my neighbour lots of towels to soak it up, and rented a carpet cleaner as he was concerned about damp/mold. I bought 5 litres of the best rated antibac/pet odour solution and advised him to read the instructions on both the bottle and cleaner.

Later on he was very pleased with the results but said was unable to do the whole carpet as he needs 2-3 more bottles! So he used 5 litres of concentrated solution on one part!

Everything seemed OK for a few days and I was pleased as we have had a negative history (he has been very noisy, anti social and inappropriate sexual behaviour - all reported and dealt with) so was good to be positive with each other.

He then claimed that it is "impossible to breathe" in the flat without having the windows open 24/7, that he and his daughter who visits are "at risk from posioning & cancer" from the "poisionous fumes, mold and asbestos". I advised him to call the council and Environmental Health if this is so, however I told him that I have seen his windows shut every morning & night as I work - he doesn't and became very uncomfortable when i stated this (due tur history I took photos each morning/night as I feared he would take the mickey here)

He is now harassing me daily telling me to pay £300 to some random guy on Whatsapp. The council have stated to me they are fed up with his complaints and attitude and they will not get involved.

Any advice greatly appreciated, thank you!
    Last edited by SmileyFace22; 20th September 2022, 15:00:PM.
    Tags: None

Oh dear, what an unpleasant situation. My advice is to keep on ignoring him.

You could escalate things, but it is hard to see what that would usefully achieve other than probably making relations even worse. Maybe you could keep banging on at the council to sort it out.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X