• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Local searches / Council / Where do we stand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local searches / Council / Where do we stand?

I purchased my home approx 10 years ago and the searches came back that the road was adopted, I recently had to call the council as a drain was sinking outside my house to be told that the road is in fact unadopted!! The council have always maintained the road (cuts the grass, sweeps the road, cuts a hedge that is in the middle of the road etc etc) and have actually even been out to fix the drain! I have spoken to the rest of my neighbours and out of 8 houses affected (it is not the whole road just part), 4 have paperwork from the council searches / solicitors confirming the road is adopted when they purchased their homes, ranging from 20 years to one in the last year, the other 4 homes in that part of the road have paperwork (searches) that state it is unadopted.
    We have made a formal complaint to the council, who have not responded in 3 months and we are doing another chaser to them this week. Does anyone know where we stand here from a legal point of view? We obviously would not have purchased the property had we known it was unadopted as don't understand the full implications and obviously this will have a negative impact when we sell as well as financial implications.
    We have been told that it is highly unlikely that the council will adopt this part of the road (even though either side of the road is adopted)
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Something has gone wrong indeed.
    Someone needs to lookat the exact layout and history to decide what to do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X