• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

fence age old question - new spin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fence age old question - new spin?

England based - aware of height regulations, aware of usual planning permission etc is there any circumstance whereby a garage which towers 15foot yet fence alongside it 6ft.5 - why can a garage on the dividing line be that heigh? and if so , can a fence be erected in front of it at the same height? Essentially are there ways around building a bit higher but maybe not on the actual border between properities?
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Jobo22 View Post
    England based - aware of height regulations, aware of usual planning permission etc is there any circumstance whereby a garage which towers 15foot yet fence alongside it 6ft.5 - why can a garage on the dividing line be that heigh? because planning permission was granted and if so , can a fence be erected in front of it at the same height? if planning permission is granted Essentially are there ways around building a bit higher but maybe not on the actual border between properities?only with planning permission, otherwise expect an enforcement notice if it comes to the attention of building control
    My thiughts in red, but others might say otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

My thiughts in red, but others might say otherwise
      thanks for the reply. Yep, thought as much. Issue is the garage is coming down to be replaced with..whoknows...so..would of liked a decent/solid partition - replacing 15foot garage with...a 6.5FT fence......saying that..IF..planning permission for neighbours garage was granted ( like my own and others )..would that still stand..even if it wasnt there? allowing me to build...a wall or high fence around 10 - 12ft? im guess no. So the planning permission goes when the garage comes down right? shame. OR..do i have a leg to stand on ? and alternatives to the rather small 6.5ft fence we are allowed? any get-arounds...like ..off the actual border line we can get away with another ..higher fence? grabb'n at straws i know.

Comment

Ask your local authority if your neighour requires prior authority to demolish and replace with a new build viewing the proximity of the boundary.
        The rules are myriad, even for permitted development.

The max height of any building, enclosure or container under permitted development rights within 2 metres of boundary is 2.5 metres (just over 8 foot),
        whereas for a fence on the boundary it is only 2 metres!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X