• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nuisance neighbour / Council showing favour / GDPR?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuisance neighbour / Council showing favour / GDPR?

Hi all,

I am a council tenant - 1 bed 1st floor flat - 4 years resident and no issues until recently.

A new tenant arrived in the flat below 1 year ago and has been nothing but trouble; doesn't work, is noisy late at night, threatened another tenant's gf with violence, multiple noise complaints from 3 tenants and complaints from the council repair team over his attitude, he has made complaints about me using "his" bins (they are communal) twice and been told to leave it alone. They have since given us our own bins.

He is making my life hell - affecting my sleep, work, and earnings. I had one housing officer who was very supportive and said they are trying to get rid of him and she would help me get a 2 bed (my 6 yo daughter needs her own room plus this tenant scares her)

The latest round of issues from him waking us up at 6 am Sunday having loud sex - I banged on the floor with my heel and informed the council. They have stated that as he has counter-complained they see it as 2 tenants complaining about each other - they haven't taken into consideration the multiple complaints from others about him.

Monday - he chose to move his bins from the out-of-sight area where they have been for over 10 years, ONTO the communal garden, not only is it an eyesore and blocks hanging baskets but it infringes on the enjoyment of the garden by myself and my daughter.

I am getting nowhere with this housing officer who seems to be showing favour to this guy, I believe because he is playing the race card (non White) and has bragged that he has them in the palm of his hand.

The housing officer refuses to tell me why he is allowed to dump his bins on our garden:

"I am unable to share the reason why the bin is allowed due to gdpr. However can confirm we are aware."

What on earth could this mean and what can I do?

With gratitude...Caynick
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X