• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

House next door being turned into supported living

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House next door being turned into supported living

Looking for advice please ….
    I live in a highly desired area for families. All houses are large 4 bedroom detached. My neighbour recently sold and I had a knock on the door recently by guy who handed me an information pack about the charity which had purchased the property. They plan to convert it to supported living for 4-5 16-21 year olds from challenging backgrounds. There would be a live in carer and the young adults would stay for around 6-18 months when fit for independent living. Obviously all of my neighbours and myself are concerned about this and want to know if this is something we should have been consulted about and what planning permission would be required for a change of use of property of this type.
    we have been informed some of the young adults will have a history of drug abuse and challenging behaviour and we are concerned about what other people this will attract to our area. Of course we are aware this establishment could be okay and a good place for young adults to be supported but it only takes one or two of the many that will go through this property to ruin it all for everyone. Does this property now require a HMO licence? Is planning permission required for change of use?? Any advice is appreciated.
    Tags: None

I believe planning permission will be required. Contact the council and check their website to see if anything has been applied for (though you should have been notifired as neighbours)

Comment

Well if is supported living is definitely approved by gov .
      otherways this will be impossible.

Comment

If you have concerns, it might be an idea to raise them with the charity now.

Clearly the charity has existing 'supported living' premises, do a bit of digging, with other Councils, the police, etc to find out if there has been any incidents, the number and over what period. Try to get a picture of whether you and your fellow residents should be fearful about anything.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X