• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

End of tenancy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of tenancy.

Just wanted to get some advice on this. I privately rent via a letting agent and signed a renewal 12 month lease last October with no break clause.

I logged into my tenancy portal this morning to see that it now shows Tenancy terminated and ends on 6th May 2022.

I've had no communication from the estate agents and there are no rent arrears or anything.

I did message the landlord this morning who was as surprised as I was as his portal shows nothing wrong at all.

He thinks it's an admin error on the part of the letting agents and he said he will contact them tomorrow.

Are the letting agents allowed to cancel a tenancy midway through the agreed term without contacting the actual landlord ?

It is very unsettling and any advice is appreciated.
    Tags: None

I bet your landlord is right - it's a cock up. See what news there is tomorrow when the agents answer the telephone.
    Last edited by atticus; 10th April 2022, 15:40:PM.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you, considering that the letting agents have done a few out of order things in the past I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was a cock up .

Comment

Even if it was a 6 months AST, the tenancy would not be terminated.

It would just carry on as a periodic tenancy after 6 months, Month to month.

Sounds like LA haven't a clue or are hopeless, a lot of them around....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X