• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Harassment and Easements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassment and Easements

I have a Victorian house with passageway under my home. My neighbours on either side have right of way from their gardens to use this passageway as a “ right of foot way” to and from their gardens. One has a repairing clause but I have never received any maintenance.
    I have had numerous issues in the last two years. A boyfriend, G moved in with K and sent K round to ask if they could have wood delivered. I did not appreciate that he meant to store a large pile of firewood in the easement. I asked them to move it. He became incensed telling me he was. finance director and I should not worry about insurance and fire safety. The next day a section of my roof was torn off my shed. I logged it with the Police but they did not intervene. The neighbour on the other side is an alcoholic and friends with G and K. I managed to get them to move it but it started a long chain of events that include:
    -trespassing in my garden by both neighbours going from house to house. I have footage of one incident
    -a party in their garden slagging us off and meaning my son and I had to take shelter
    -objecting to me installing a lock on the street gate when we had a car arson attack, a car ramming by J’s boyfriend’s wife and an intruder in my garden by my back window
    -numerous petty and continual complaints from J
    - J insisting on seeing my insurance from my builders when I installed new windows
    - ignoring police advice to install a lock
    - drink driving and speeding by J’s boyfriend
    -camera installed by G looking into my garden
    - two legal letters from them disputing the lock
    - they are both using the easement at least one or twice a day even though they used it maybe once a week before
    - when I walked my dog I would come back to find the easement doors open and the light on. Happened on several occasions.
    -the lock on the gate has been damaged and no longer works so my home is now open to intruders
    - congregating on my patio to laugh and joke
    - Police are going to investigate harassment

As a private individual are there any no win no firms who could help me with a civil harassment claim? I feel as if I am unsafe at home and need to move. It is incredibly stressful.
    Tags: None

Hi Whitebear11

What you could do is gather all the evidence together, speak to a solicitor to see if you can get an injunction against your neighbours to stop them 'making your life hell'.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/la...ut-harassment/

Posted for info only - https://becket-chambers.co.uk/2021/0...-against-them/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X