• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dissolving estate management company and filing RX3 form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissolving estate management company and filing RX3 form

Myself and 2 other residents have become the soles directors of our estate management company having removed Persimmon as a director. We are listed as a Ltd company but employ and management company to collect estate management fees to maintain 3 small green spaces (estate has 110 residences). The roads are owned by Persimmon and under section 106 will one day be adopted by the local council (Shropshire CC). The need to pay the management fee is tied to the TP1 in our deeds. While the annual costs are low (circa £150 per annum) the costs of selling and buying are pushing £1000 and put off a lot of buyers.

my questions is, now we are directors of the company that controls the restrictive covenant, can we dissolve the company so there is nobody to impose said covenant and get all residents to complete form RX3 with the land registry to have the covenant removed from their deeds? Thus ending any ‘Fleecehold’ type arrangement?
    Tags: None

Hi BEN1983

des8 Please can you take a look and advise, Many thanks.

Comment

Sorry, but this is not something I have come across previously so probably not going to be much help.

However:
      Your Company collects fees to cover maintenance of greens which are owned by whom?
      I'm not sure dissolving the company would go unopposed by the owners of the greens

Who is the beneficiary of the covenant?
      What is the wording of the covenant?

To have the covenant removed a deed of release signed by both parties to the covenant will be required.
      If the covenant cannot be enforced it may be possible to request permission to have it removed by applying to the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X