• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landlord didnt tell us that our rented flat has unsafe cladding.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord didnt tell us that our rented flat has unsafe cladding.

My partner has recently moved into a rented flat in a complex after visiting a show flat last year. There was a major fire in the building within the last week which destroyed one flat and rendered a few others uninhabitable. When I visited her last week I immediately noticed that the building has 24/7 fire wardens patrolling the premises.

After looking up the building online, I discovered that the building uses Aluglaze infill panels of the same type used in Grenfell. When my partner was shown around the building, she was not made aware of this. This is also not stated anywhere in the contract she signed, or any supplementary material.

Considering the circumstances I am extremely worried about her living there. Especially considering that when I visited no fire blanket was installed in the flat, and the landlord refuses to PAT test the appliances.

From my understanding, this is a breach of S10 of The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, and S4 of the Defective Premises Act, as a misleading omission has been made.

Do we legally have the right to unwind the contract and receive our money back due to this, and if so, would we likely have to take court action to secure this?

Many thanks for your help.

Tags: None

Hi BIBDID

I can't answer directly, but here is some info -

https://www.tpos.co.uk/news-media-an...-for-complaint

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X