• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Interim Charging Order/Restriction on House - Wanting to sell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interim Charging Order/Restriction on House - Wanting to sell

I am looking for some advice if anyone has any knowledge of this particular area, I would be most grateful.

My wife and I are selling our house and our buyers solicitors have raised a query about 3 restrictions on the register against my sole name. I was aware of 1 of these, but not 3.

Anyway, the buyers solicitors have asked for an undertaking that these 3 debts will be discharged upon completion of the sale. I have asked our solicitor whether the debts actually need discharging as my understanding is that as long as the buyers solicitor writes to the creditors upon completion, the charges will be removed from the land register.

Our solicitor has come back saying no, the charges will need disbursing on completion but I don't agree.

I wondered if someone with more knowledge than myself can give some guidance.
    Tags: None

I understood that to be removed the debts had to be paid. I would not hand over money for a house unless the charges were removed. What would be the point of charges if the house could be sold and the charges removed by the new owners?

Comment

Solicitor is right depends on solicitors knowing the laws

Comment

Are they unilateral notices (done without your agreement) if so you need to call the land registry and ask why they were added to your register and why you were not informed as you had the right to object . If you objected they would have needed to provide evidence they had a legal right to register one against your property.

One being registered against your property does not mean it’s valid or that anything needs to be paid but it will need removing for you to sell.

If I send the form to the land registry and you don’t object it’s registered without any check on its validity ,even if in the long run it unenforceable
        Last edited by Ukmicky; 20th August 2021, 17:07:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X