• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dog feces

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog feces

Hi Everyone

This is my first time here,

Looking for some help and advice.

We moved to the countryside a couple of years ago and our house and neighbours houses back on to a farmers field, last year one of the neighbour's got a dog, they also have two small children.

They allow their dog to make a mess of the garden with dog feces, so this afternoon the children are playing in the garden with about 50+ dog feces and the neighbour goes out to clean the mess, but he gets a shovel and throws all the dog feces over the fence into the farmers field and the stream/burn within the farmers field at the bottom of the gardens.

This is the third time I've seen this.

What do I do?

From,
    The good the bad and the ugly.
    Tags: None

Tell the farmer? Anonymously perhaps if you wish to preserve your relationship with your neighbour (unless you are the only people who could have seen it)

Comment

Thanks Islandgirl,

Probably the best place to start,
      There is no relationship with the neighbour so will probably blame me and not another neighbour. They have already caused another neighbour to leave.

GBU

Comment

Understand. The only person really affected is the farmer so tell them would be my view! As I say you could write a letter and explain the situation and do not even need to give your name.

Comment

It's okay at the moment as it is winter, but was a bit smelly during the summer months.

Comment

I would have thought your main concern would be the problem associated with the neighbouring garden.
            In the summer especially it could be bad... bad enough for a complaint to local Environmental Health.

The farmer probably won't be concerned about the odd dog poo in the stream.
            just think about what goes into natural water courses: Cows, horses, all sorts of wild animals alive and dead....just don't drink from it!

Comment

Des8,

It's a private garden so council and environmental health probably won't be interested and if the farmer is not interested they will just continue throwing over the fence, they have had the dog about a year so probably over 300 dog feces over the fence in that time, if the dog lives 10 years, over 3000.

Comment

Report to Environmental Health
                Failure to keep a property free of dog fouling on a regular basis can result in a nuisance being caused by smell or flies.
                Under The Environmental Protection Act 1990 a Statutory Nuisance notice can be served and if the problem continues, the person responsible for the dog may face prosecution.

Comment

Thanks Des8,

"Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 it is an offence to allow large quantities of dog faeces to accumulate in your garden as it may cause a problem through smell, flies etc to your neighbours. "

Comment

I think caution is needed that you do not set up a huge issue and dispute with neighbour. Remember you have to declare stuff like that if you wish to sell the house....

Comment

Islandgirl,
                      Yes understand and agree

Comment

I expect that is an unusual response. I would certainly not call in to the neighbours he has described.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X