• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Crack House Closure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crack House Closure

xxx :kiss::hugsss:
    When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

The flat fell through, we found out on Tues, the day before she was meant to move in! The woman who was going to rent it out, is buying somewhere and that fell through so she needs this one. She is happy for my daughter to move in when she finds somewhere else.
      Hopefully my daughter will have found somewhere else.
      She seems to be jinxed!!

The council have referred her to a housing association, who have spoken to her and have a 2 bed flat place near by.

All together .............. fingers crossed, please!

She heard yesterday that her appeal against the closure will be heard on November 6th.

Have appealed the councils decision, but as they are government workers I am not too hopeful.
      But if they did come down on my daughter's side it would look really good in court.

Heard nothing back from the police, but wrote to them to ask what is going on.

Sally xxx
      Last edited by littlesally; 23rd September 2007, 15:06:PM.
      P1ss on me if you like, but don't try and tell me it's rain!
      life is all the more precious when we remember it is a terminal state.

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can
      Please don't drink and drive

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Fingers and everything else duly crossed Sal, wish her more luck this time, she must be mighty p'ed off with it all.

Comment

Oh Sal, am gutted for you both! What a disappointment for you
          Never mind, onward and upward hope she gets the new flat

Comment

Ok an up date.
            The HA my daughter was referred to said they could not house her because of the closure, so why the council referred her I have no idea!
            Apparently they had to do something because she has a child, but surely this can't count?

Then she had a letter from her HA saying she could collect her keys on Monday as the closure would end, but they were still going to evict as illegal drugs were found.
            When she collected them, they advised her about appeals, saying an appeal would grant her 14 days and a further one would extend that a further 40.
            That sounds pretty good as she wants to move from there but needs time to find somewhere not too far from her daughter's school.
            Then the woman said "So where will you be staying?" We looked at each other and she replied "In the flat of course"
            The HA woman said "Oh no, we're taking out an injunction against you going to the close"
            !!!!!???????

I feel that I have slipped in to some warped kind of reality.
            Every time her hopes are raised, they get dashed.
            Even I find it hard to believe all that has gone on and I am seeing it all - so can understand if anyone reading this thinks I am in denial or missing something out.
            I'm not.

So far she has been there a week and heard nothing else about the injunction, but we have no doubt that they will try for it.
            We have written a statement for her to read out as an appeal against it, as she gets emotional and jumbled up.
            Also I am going to Spain tomorrow for a week so if anything happens while I'm away I want something prepared, I am wondering if I should write a statement to be read in my absence.
            Anyone know if it will be read?

She will move in to mine while I'm away if the injunction is granted.
            I don't understand the injunction as she has been to the close a few times to see a friend but there has never been any trouble. of any kind.

She does have an appointment to see Shelter on Monday.

On the police complaints side ..........
            One of my friends relapsed and was arrested.
            I looked after her son.
            The police came with her to collect him When they drove off they started discussing in front of her where they recognised me from. Then one of them said about the closure and started discussing it in front of my friend! Not indepth details but all the same, a blatent confidentiality break! This was another community cop, not the original one.

The police Inspector phoned me today to say the chief would be ringing me tomorrow and that the complaint had been moved up from the "Less serious nature" that it was.
            I told him I wanted to add what had happened above.

I want to say that every time I get down and worried, scared I wonder how my daughter manages.
            She is living this and on top of this her boyfriend is dead.
            She hates living in the flat, because she feels like she is waiting for him to walk in.

She amazes me and I am so proud of her.

Thank you for your support and time,
            Sally xxx

If you need any help with addiction please feel free to PM or email me. I will help all I can

25th Aug SAR request ~11th Sep 1/2 back ~ 23rd Oct all back ~ 29th Oct prelim request ~ 11th Nov LBA ~ 20th Nov "Don't Be Silly" letter ~ 25th Nov I won!

Comment

Thanks for the update Sal, guess the saying sh*t sticks is only too true, hopefully the appeal will highlight all the inconsistencies in the matter and your daughter will get a proper result in the end.

Its always surprised me that those who are meant to deal with 'social problems' see only what they want to depending on which side of the fence they are sitting - and it does work both ways, a friend of mine was almost killed by her drug addict son and was totally unaware of the dangers others knew about because of 'client confidentiality'

Wouldn't hold your breath for the HA to act, they're usually more lethargic then the councils ever were, as far as the statement is concerned, it won't do any harm to leave it, may not be used but at least it will be there if needed.

Drop your daughter a note of the web address while you're away and if she needs any help or just an ear to bend, let her know we're here for her.

And enjoy your holiday - you've earned it!!!

xx

Comment

Anyone ever tell you what a beautiful person you are Jan ...... :kiss:

Sally x

Comment

Sal left a post on your cag update, catcha when you come back all refreshed babe

Comment

:kiss: for you as well.
                    I will let my daughter know to come here if she needs to off load.
                    Thank you,

Sally xxx

Comment

Well back from Spain all refreshed.
                      A much needed holiday.

My daughter found a small house at the end of my street to rent!
                      She can move in at the end of the month, all being well.
                      She phoned the HA to ask if they would hold off the injunction as she wants to move, she is not fighting it, and they agreed (she has asked for that to be in writing as it seems that anything that isn't written or taped gets changed at a later date)
                      She is excited about it and I'm glad she will be near by.

We saw the police chief about the complaint and he gave a load of flannel.

Apparently it is alright for police officers to tell who ever they want that someone is using drugs (even though there was no proof at the time he said it) as it was in the interest of accumalatng evidence against her, same as telling them what is needed for a closure so they know what to look out for.
                      It is okay that he asked everyone in the close if there were any problems but never asked her (why should he? The chief asked!)
                      It's okay that the copper had no proof of any complaints as he wasn't saying there was proof, he was only reporting what was said to him.
                      Apparently no witnesses for the prosecution for a closure ever go to court, as it is the police way of protecting them. If they choose to tell people it's up to them.
                      Will dying was sadly unfortunate, but didn't change the way things are dealt with.
                      He said that nearly all the complaints are to do with the court case, but that's not anything to do with the way the police handled it.
                      He said that the lie that the cop told will be looked in to, it must have been a misunderstanding as police officers never lie (!!!!!!) He did have the courtesey to smile when I said 'you know that's not true'
                      Anyway it ended up with him saying that he would speak to PC K about using compassion, but he hadn't gone against any police proceedures and nothing he did or didn't do was disciplinary.
                      He kept coming back to the fact that my daughter smokes cannabis, so the end justifies the means.
                      He is meant to be coming round to mine today so I can sign some statement about our meeting.

I am still not happy about the way it was dealt with, so am still going to go ahead with the IPCC and maybe it all will still come out that everything was done correctly, but there's nothing to lose by it.
                      I don't understand how anyone can think the way all this was done is ok.
                      I think that she was an easy target, that needed little police work compared to hardened drug users, committing other crimes and need police man power and investigation.

The cop who gossiped in front of my friend will be spoken to but we are not making a formal complaint as there seems little point. Probably turn out he was right to!

Shelter have told her that they can/will help but as she has somewhere to move to and does not want to fight the eviction there is little for them to do unless the house falls through.

Still, daughter is doing well and that's the most important thing,
                      Sally x

Comment

Hey Sal, you're back!!!!
                        Have missed you hun :kiss:

Comment

So angry!!!

My daughter had a letter from HA asking her to go to their office as they wanted to talk to her about the injunction.
                          We went, and were told that her key worker was out on home visits - strange as she has never visited my daughter, which you would think she would do. Surely the HA would want to check how someone is living when all these accusations have been made against them.

Some very cold young b**ch told us that they have got the date for the injunction hearing, it will be the 1st November.
                          My daughter pointed out that she is moving shortly, and has a letter from her key worker saying she could stay until the 5th.

Cold B said that they have to consider the other residents and their fear of her!
                          She did admit that there had not been any complaints since she had been back.
                          My daughter asked that as we know who 3 out of the 4 complainants are, and she has not hit them, threatened to, or put their windows through, then why would there be any fear?

And as one of them has scared her daughter so much she won't play in the communal garden, comes out to the police whenever she calls them, has admitted to making a statement against her, then there is not much fear shown.

She asked why they are taking so much notice, giving so much power to this family.
                          They did not bother to complain about the intercom being broken, nor the fence, while my daughter was not there and could not be blamed. Usually they phone the HA about these things and say it's her or her friends.

Also, the daughter of the main complainant, who lives opposite (also a complainant) has swopped houses with her sister. This sister barged into my daughters home a couple of years ago, saying her home had been phoning her all morning because of the noise coming from my daughters. She swore and threatened her. But my daughter had been out all morning! There was no-one in her flat. My daughter rang the HA to report it, so they are well aware of the situation between them.
                          She asked how come this woman still has a cat - not allowed
                          Why her kitchen ceiling still has a massive hole in it that leaks - been over 6 months now!

Anyway, I lost it.
                          This woman was so cold!

I asked if she thought her mother would be proud of her, if she knew exactly what she was doing, because I am immensely proud of the way my daughter has coped with everything. There have been so many lies, malicious gossip and vindictiveness that I am greatly impressed that she has not stooped to their level and I doubt if her mother would say the same about her.
                          She asked me to leave, which we were doing.

I then told her that I had never met such an ugly person!

I did not shout, just raised my voice, and did not swear..... Well, one s**t

This injunction seems rediculous, and will incur court costs which no doubt my daughter will be told to pay. We are hoping that it will be laughed out of court, but not hopeful of that happening!

She is moving out, so there is no point to this at all, except that they can.
                          And why did they write to her saying that she could stay until the 5th?

I am so angry with them!!!

She is going to shelter on Monday,

Sally x

Comment

I then told her that I had never met such an ugly person!

I love it! msl:
                            Did you mean it as in she looked ugly or was just not a very nice person?
                            Either way, its so funny! lol
                            Keep your chin up love, the good will out!

Comment

I meant internally but as she was fairly pretty, but caked in make-up, she looked a little insecure about her looks!

Either way I knew it would sting!

Can't wait until she moves from there,
                              Sally x

Comment

Originally posted by littlesally View Post
                                I meant internally but as she was fairly pretty, but caked in make-up, she looked a little insecure about her looks!

Either way I knew it would sting!

Can't wait until she moves from there,
                                Sally x
                                Not long now sal eh?
                                Good luck with it hun :kiss:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X