• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage lender proof of address, how do they check it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage lender proof of address, how do they check it?

Trying to buy a flat with a BTL mortgage. The lender wants 2 proof of my address. I live with my parents and only have bank statements. Which are online statements, I've changed it to paper statements, but now need to wait for the post. But printed out the online statement and it looks no different to paper statement that my dad gets. I've been contacting the utilities to add my name, but again need to wait for the post. I scanned the last electricity bill and added my name and the print off looks good.

My question is do they call the bank/utility to check all is legit or is it just something for them to put in their files?*

The lender sent me a letter to sign a document. Do you think I can use the cover letter as proof of address?
    Tags: None

Hi,*

To answer your first question, it is unlikely for us to know whether they will check the documents are legit or not, some companies check everything, whereas some don't.* However, to prevent any potential issues, the best way would be to provide accurate and legal documents.* You may want to contact the lender and explain your issues regarding the wait for the post.

As for your second question, proof of address are usually bank statements/ utility statements or even payslip (with your address on it).* So I don't think you can use the cover letter as proof of address.

Thanks
    I am a law student undertaking work experience on the LegalBeagles forum. My advice is from my own experience only and is given without liability. If in any doubt, please contact a regulated and insured legal professional to seek further advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X