• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Deed of Gift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deed of Gift

Can any of you good people advise me how we go about doing this?
    We are still paying a mortgage which has just over seven years left on it.
    My daughter would be a beneficiary
    The complication is, as most of you are aware I am still recovering from a stroke and was told that should I have to go into long term care , if anything happened to Mr DT any care home fees would have to come from any sale of the property. And if it was seen that if a deed of gift was done on or around this time it would be deemed "illegal" .
    I am recovering very slowly but want to sort things out if I can.
    Many thanks DT xx
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

sell your daughter the house so it's in her name

Comment

She has a young family and her own mortgage so
      not an option I don't think
      Last edited by dogtired; 26th February 2020, 18:20:PM.

Comment

well give her the mortgage payments every month

Comment

1) selling the house would probably not solve the dilemma as Council would look to see where proceeds of sale of property had gone
          2) unlikely any finance house would grant a mortgage to daughter viewing her current situation
          3) gifting monthly mortgage payments might cause IHT problems in event of untimely demise of our friend DT and spouse

AgeUK have a fact sheet about deprivation of assets, but unfortunately doesn't have suggestions on circumventing the problems
          https://www.ageuk.org.uk/ and search for " factsheet 40 "

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            1) selling the house would probably not solve the dilemma as Council would look to see where proceeds of sale of property had gone
            2) unlikely any finance house would grant a mortgage to daughter viewing her current situation
            3) gifting monthly mortgage payments might cause IHT problems in event of untimely demise of our friend DT and spouse

AgeUK have a fact sheet about deprivation of assets, but unfortunately doesn't have suggestions on circumventing the problems
            https://www.ageuk.org.uk/ and search for " factsheet 40 "
            That's what I thought , Having gone through the documents I was given when I did an income and expenditure Any respite care I would need now would be on my income alone but if something happened to Mr DT The house would be counted as part of my income and would need to be sold to pay for this service. Not sure how this works on any remaining mortgagee either.. I Most local authorities are cash strapped anyway. And rules are very strict.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X