• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tramploline hazard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tramploline hazard

hi forum
    nieghbours have erected a large trampoline in the front of a shared access garden approxomately 10-12 feet from our front and bedroom windows of our Terrace property
    With the recent high winds I have become increasingly concerned about the hazard this structure presents. The structure is sited a mere 2feet from their front windows and an adjaacent wall and is being held down with a paving slab
    therefore they have not followed the manufacturers guidlines on siting or assembly
    Also despite having advance warning of high winds they made no attempt to remove the netting or use any tie down to secure it.
    as the property is let to them by a local letting agency I am basically enquiringly whether the letting agency has any clout to insist they remove the structure or at least ensure it is safe.
    i have spoken with the neighbours who insist it is safe but I am not sure of their credentials in assessing dynamic loads such as experienced during high winds.*
    The letting agency don't seem to keen to get involved which I guess I understand however surely they have at least a moral obligation to ensure their clients aren't performing actions that could endanger people and property?
    any advice on the best route fwd to protect us and our home from the the potential damage this might cause if it went careering down the Terrace and even into the road.
    many thanks
    JJ
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X