• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Forged signature on inventory check in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forged signature on inventory check in

Hello All,
    I write again about a matter to do with my son. When he and his wife split up, he rented a house for a year, paid ca. £300 for a no-deposit arrangement, and he moved out a few weeks ago.
    He received a claim via Flatfair for £100 for cleaning and £80 for some weeds in garden that need removing. He has offered £60 for cleaning and £40 for weeds, and is waiting to see if this is accepted. BUT the pdf documents provided in support of the claim include an inventory check in supposedly signed by my son, not once but 36 times, underneath each section, and a big signature at the end, being a declaration. BUT he did not sign the document, and nor did he give permission for someone to sign on his behalf. Moreover the check in doc is dated nearly three weeks BEFORE he even viewed the property,which he can of course prove as he has emails about the viewing. So a major letting agent has falsifiled this document, and now he is wondering what he can do about it/should do about it. It's worrying to think they may be doing this to other people. He is not too stressed about the £180, if he has to pay it all, he will, but how does he know that some of the so-called damage, marks on the floor that need cleaning were not created in between this inventory being created and him moving in. He did get an email about three months after moving in, asking for his view of the service and check in process and he explained there wasn't a formal check in process and that no one showed him around. He just got the keys and moved in, and by the by had to give it a good clean as it was quite dusty, although it had been refurbished so it wasn't grimy. My main question is what can be done about the forging of his signature, which the letting agent must have lifted from the tenancy agreement. As always, thank* you in advance for any/all comments and advice.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X