• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can one owner rather than both owners of a property issue a claim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can one owner rather than both owners of a property issue a claim?

Happy New Year to All

Thank you in advance for any tips/pointers.

My friend has a letter of claim from a solicitor for breach of restrictive covenant, nuisance and trespass over changes on a small bit of land. The work carried out was in agreement with neighbours (a husband and wife) but the solicitor is only acting for the wife not the husband as well, so it appears hubby doesn't want to get involved, and that the the wife has changed her mind. Can this lady pursue the claim on her own? It's a horribly bullying letter that my friend is still trying to digest, asking for damages and for changes to be undone. PS just found out the property is owned on a 'tenants-in-common' basis. PPS just found out the breach of restrictive covenant relates to my friend's property, i.e. that he's breached his own covenant. He knows he's got to deal with that aspect (an oversight on his part), but can his neighbour's solicitor notify authorities about this and get him into troubles?
    Last edited by Vitamin33; 7th January 2020, 22:28:PM.
    Tags: None

yes the wife can make a claim on her own
    anybody can notify authorities of anything but a solicitor wouldn't unless instructed to do so

Comment

Again, Luxardo, a big thank you.*

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X