• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

landlord damaged my car last week now sent me a Form 6A - Notice to quit.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• landlord damaged my car last week now sent me a Form 6A - Notice to quit.

Hi All, I am in a right state here, and need some advice.
    I have just received from my landlord a Form 6A, no fault accommodation let un ass shorthold tenancy (AST), under section 21(1) or (4) of the housing act 1996.
    he has given us two months to quit, my partner is registered disabled and goes in for an operation next week, which he has been waiting all year for.
    We would not probably get anywhere else due to needing a guarantor, our income and my partners heath and mine are deteriating.
    Sadly our landlords agent terminated their contract with him a few months ago, so i cant go to them for advice.
    I just need some advice and help to calm me down at mo.
    We have had nothing but problems with the landlord since a week after I buried my mum in April, so I am at my wits end and in no headspace to deal with this but I must. (Apologies for the long post)
    Many thanks K.
    Last edited by LittleB; 11th September 2019, 15:04:PM.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by LittleB View Post
    Hi All, I am in a right state here, and need some advice.
    I have just received from my landlord a Form 6A, no fault accommodation let un ass shorthold tenancy (AST), under section 21(1) or (4) of the housing act 1996.
    he has given us two months to quit, my partner is registered disabled and goes in for an operation next week, which he has been waiting all year for.
    We would not probably get anywhere else due to needing a guarantor, our income and my partners heath and mine are deteriating.
    Sadly our landlords agent terminated their contract with him a few months ago, so i cant go to them for advice.
    I just need some advice and help to calm me down at mo.
    We have had problems with the landlord since a week after I buried my mum in April, so I am at my wits end and in no headspace to deal with this but I must. (Apologies for the long post)
    Many thanks K.
    A tenant does not have to leave until a court orders them to leave or Bailiffs remove a tenant.

So you have a lot longer than 2 months notice. https://england.shelter.org.uk/housi...iction_process

I would take All your tenancy paperwork and notice to your local CAB/Shelter office or a solicitor and get them to check the notice is valid.

If LL has not paid for damage to your car, can you not recover the cost via his Insurance or Sue him in county court.......

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X