• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbours trampoline has damaged our fence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours trampoline has damaged our fence

Hello

Our neighbours have a large oval trampoline that sits right along our side fence. The fence has taken a bit of bashing and they have now acknowledged this. Today they contacted me via Whatsapp to state that they had someone coming to look at the fence in order to provide a quote. However they also stated that as it's a joint boundary fence that we should pay half the costs. So:

1. They have acknowledged their trampoline has done the damage
    2. The provided us with no warning or communication that they had asked someone to quote
    3. They've looked at their deeds to ensure that it's a joint ownership fence
    4. They've also then said that should the fence be fixed there is no reason to move the trampoline. Which is also something we would like as, i. it would continue to cause problems in future to the fence, and ii we cannot relax in our garden as there is a constant flow of children (mainly 11 year olds) and they're invading our right to privacy.

Can someone advise as to where we stand please

Thanks
    Tags: None

Hello! I had a similar situation. More recently, I had a brawl with my neighbors, and there was a big scandal over a big trampoline. This trampoline fell on my wife and broke her leg. She went to the hospital, had to undergo surgery, it took a lot of money. They agreed to pay for my wife’s treatment. After this incident, I decided to talk with my neighbors about the correct installation of the trampoline in the right place. Together with them we looked in this article: https://trampolines.guide expert opinion on how to install a trampoline.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Coldest; 9th December 2019, 11:31:AM.

Comment

Neighbour disputes are always very upsetting but the best way is to speak directly with your neighbour to sort out problems. You say initially that the trampoline has caused damage to your fence then you say it is a jointly owned fence. It can only be your fence or your neighbours, so you need to determine who’s fence it is, this can be done by looking on the land deed.
      The neighbours trampoline has damaged the fence and they have admitted liability so it seems clear that they would need to pay for the panel replacement that is damaged. Providing they have the trampoline on their property and it does not encroach into your garden they are within their rights to have it where it is but it would be sensible to move it away from the fence once the repair has been made.

Comment

Buy better springs. Or buy a new trampoline. If it doesn't bounce worth shit it's not going to suddenly be sick no matter what you do. You can get some more bounce out crossing the springs but It's not going to make it the best tramp ever.

At one point a lot of trampolines were really good, then for a long time a lot of them were shitty. Now there's still a lot of beat ones but good ones are coming back around.

I can't remember what kind mine is but I paid around 360 I think 12 ish years ago and it's the best round trampoline I've ever been on. Just got kind of lucky I guess. I feel like you have a far better chance getting a good one if you snag a 15, and it's bigger so what the hell. A lot of the worst ones are 12-13 ish. Some 14's are sick some suck these days.

You can def get a decent tramp without spending a shit ton of money.

Idk what I'm saying really cause my head is about to explode. Just look around online and buy a new set of springs.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplesi View Post
          Hello

Our neighbours have a large oval trampoline that sits right along our side fence. The fence has taken a bit of bashing and they have now acknowledged this. Today they contacted me via Whatsapp to state that they had someone coming to look at the fence in order to provide a quote. However they also stated that as it's a joint boundary fence that we should pay half the costs. So:

1. They have acknowledged their trampoline has done the damage
          2. The provided us with no warning or communication that they had asked someone to quote
          3. They've looked at their deeds to ensure that it's a joint ownership fence
          4. They've also then said that should the fence be fixed there is no reason to move the trampoline. Which is also something we would like as, i. it would continue to cause problems in future to the fence, and ii we cannot relax in our garden as there is a constant flow of children (mainly 11 year olds) and they're invading our right to privacy. I've also checked https://toptrampoline.net/ before posting here.

Can someone advise as to where we stand please

Thanks
          I would say it is best to go and talk in person. And try to understand their situation better. Also talk in details about how the damage actually happened? Was it an incident or was it someone's fault. From there you can see what steps to take next. Were there some natural elements like stron wind included? Was the trampoline damaged too?

Communication in person can help with situations like this. Good luck

Comment

Hello! I had a similar situation. More recently, I had a brawl with my neighbors, and there was a big scandal over a big trampoline. This trampoline fell on my wife and broke her leg. She went to the hospital, had to undergo surgery, it took a lot of money. They agreed to pay for my wife’s treatment. After this incident, I decided to talk with my neighbors about the correct installation of the trampoline in the right place. Together with them we looked in this article: http://trampolinesireland.com expert opinion on how to install a trampoline.

---

Hi - just as a quick reply would say that we have two ears and one mouth and so in this situation we should listen more than you should talk.But it seems pretty clear that the onus is on your neighbour, and not you to rectify the situation. You always put a call in to your local Citizens Advice shop too, or consult a solicitor if you feel that its worth it to you.
            FREE Shipping on your TRAMPOLINE when you ORDER this week! Wide range of Sizes and Styles to suit all budgets. Selling out Fast, Book NOW!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X