• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landlord possibly selling my house

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord possibly selling my house

Hi,

My Landlord has informed me this week that he is considering selling my rented house. He offered us first refusal as buyers but we are not really in the position to buy at the moment. He then said that they may look at trying to sell to an investor who would welcome a long sitting tenant who always pays their rent on time - we have been in our property three years in August.

If they were to sell to an investor with us as sitting tenants, could the new owners increase our rent and/ or would they be able to ask us to leave the property? We were hoping to stay here for a couple more years, until we were in a position to buy our own home, so would like to stay, however if we will need to move then we would have to make the decision to do this in the summer as I go into my third year at Uni in October and there is no way we could move during that year.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    Tags: None

Do you have an assured shorthold tenancy?
    On what date does it expire?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X