• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nowhere to go with Managment agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nowhere to go with Managment agent

Afternoon,

signed up here as I need some advice and need help.

About 3 1/2 years ago our flats was taken over by a new property management agent. They came in and put our service charges up by on average £30 a month to £110 and also demanded they were paid 6 months up front.

many flats in our building couldn't afford it including us and we quickly fell into arrears. As of last summer I owed about £3,000 and they threatened to take legal action. I paid half of what was owed based on that they actually start maintaining the buildings as nothing had been done since taking over. They didn't do anything so we stopped paying again.

This company are known for being crooks, they pocket the money they do get and dont carry out any needed works. My neighbours have been at war with them for over 2 years and it's resulted that the company has given in and dropped us as a building they want to manage.

i need advice on where I go next? I don't dispute that I owe some of the £2800 I now owe but not the full amount. Apparently our flats have been overcharged by 30% compared to similar properties they manage and £720 of the £2800 are fines they've recently slapped on me.

they have passed this outstanding amount to another company to collect the money but if they're now even our agents anymore, I don't see why we should all roll over and pay the full amount of what is outstanding.

i complained via their internal system but got th reply of they aren't obliged to do the work if the amounts due aren't paid so we are stuck in a catch 22.

where can I get some solid legal advice where to go from here as it's something I just want to get sorted now,

thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Try The Leasehold Advisory Service.

Lots of information and FAQ's on their website.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X