• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

House deposit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House deposit

I rented a property that I left last week. On my final inspection I was told that a stain on a bedroom carpet may be charged for to clean. I decorated the whole property to be told it’s dried patchy and I will have to pay for the whole house to be re decorated. The property was not decorated when I moved in.
    I have 3 whiteness to confirm this. I have since received this E-mail regarding the property to my dismay.

Good Afternoon,

Following your check out last week, I have checked over the property & a colleague has also looked over it, I will be looking to make a couple of deductions from the deposit for, A contribution for the stains on bedroom carpet, a hoover of the lounge & stairs & to clean out the kichen, and for the painting of the property. The paint has dried very patchy, I have checked our records and the property was fully painted prior to you moving in.

I am in the process of getting quotes and once these are back let you know the amount.

Can this be done when she verbally said different to the E-mail?
    Tags: None

Hi Tia.
    I wonder if you could ask to see the records, proving that the property was painted prior to you moving in. I would imagine there would be no problem with that, based that they have given you the email to prove the fact.

Have you asked what evidence they have, i.e dated photos to prove that the painting is still patchy and the other faults?. It’s all well and good just saying we have inspected the property once again after you left and found these faults. It’s always wise to take your own pics before leaving the property to prove the condition when you left.

You say your final inspection was verbal. I take it you didn’t sign a list of repairs to be done.
    Last edited by Setmefree3; 6th March 2019, 09:10:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X