• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do we have a choice??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have a choice??

We live in the last house on the right at the end of a cul de sac with other neighbours (4 others) down the road same side as us. Our road is quite thin, parked cars kerbside only allow for a cars width to pass. The road is only accessed by recycling trucks reversing backwards.
    A guy turned up at our door today and gave my wife two pieces of paper which regards the empty piece of land over the road the other side of a wooden fence opposite ours and the other people in our road.
    This piece of land was originally a petrol station around over 15 years ago but it ended because in suffered a massive fuel leak from the underground tanks and it contaminated that plot of land.
    The owners of the plot have over the years had the odd few company's try to sell used cars but they have been and gone and nobody because of the previous contamination has been able to build on it.
    Enter the guy with the two pieces of paper (not exactly hi tech) explaining that they would like ours and our neighbours views on what they propose. From our point of view if this has to go ahead in the name of progress and capitalism we would probably prefer the flats as from a noise point of view it would encroach less on our overlooking bedroom windows opposite and not the 2 storey houses with the gardens.
    We would prefer access by cars to be from the main road at the front rather than turning into our cul de sac road which is only a cars width wide.
    What are the aspects if any that would be worth challenging regarding the actual application itself, whether we have a choice of which applications will go ahead, and the problem regarding access to whatever application is successful if any, also regarding past contamination and is there a time limit on that that expires?
    Your thoughts please?
    Thankyou.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

https://hoa.org.uk/services/ask-an-e...g-application/

Have a read of this, I unfortunately do not have an knowledge of objecting to planning etc. Hopefully someone will comment whom will be able to shed some light on your rights etc.
    The information I supply is provided for informational purposes only and, should not be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Hi DGS

have you contacted your LA planning office to see whether planning permission would be granted?

(Just to dot t's & cross i's, as it were!)
      Last edited by charitynjw; 7th March 2019, 04:37:AM.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X