• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Housing, please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing, please help

recently discovered that a freind had been paying arrears to housing association for 16 yrs but didnt know what for, when asked housing association said they didnt know, acvount just read balance bought forward, from where no one knows, after going through legal complaints procedure association ckeared allarrears and reimbursed ciurt costs from when attempting to evict her recently, i have also asked them to pay her back any monies paid towards (arrears) which they refuse and now will not esculate my complaint to the next stage, they have made my freinds life hell over a debt they cant explain, they have taken her to court 3 times on no evidence. What to do next?
    Tags: None

Dear

Thank you for your email of 17 December 2018 requesting to escalate your complaint regarding rent arrears to stage two of our complaints procedure. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the outcome of your stage one complaint and for the delay in acknowledging receipt of your email.

I have passed your request to Steve Moody, Head of Customer Accounts who will review your request to escalate your complaint under the stage two Senior Management Review. We aim to provide a response within 20 working
    www.myclarionhousing.com
    Follow us on Twitter: @Clarionsupport
    Clarion Housing is part of Clarion
    Thank u for ur recent email relating to my complaint.
    Mr morlings decision quite baffles me.
    I thought after removing the arrears from the account and also the court fees. As u were unable to say where or when they were acrued. These arrears that you removed from my account are the same arrears that i have paid on average 4 pou ds a week for 14 years. And just as the present arrears no one can tell me anything about them. This is wrong i believe this money has been paid wrongly and therefore i would like to esculate my conpmaint to stage 2
    The outcome i am looking for is to have all areears payments returned and any interest due. And a fitting amount of compensation call it a goodwill gesture.
    Thank you regards
    Nickola

On 17 Dec 2018 14:11, "Kent Contact Centre (Kings Hill)" <customerteam@myclarionhousing.com>
    Thank you for your email.

I have been in contact with Roan Morling who has informed me that he is unable to meet your request. If you are unhappy with the resolution to your complaint, you can request for a stage two review. If you wish to do so, you will need to write to us within 20 working days of this letter, you need to be clear on what you are not accepting and what you wish to be considered as the desired outcome.

Thank you
    Kind Regards
    Whitney

Whitney Dinnall – Customer Solutions Coordinator
    Clarion Housing Group
    Telephone: 0203 754 3278

Sent: 11 December 2018 14:58
    To: Kent Contact Centre (Kings Hill)
    Subject: Re: Complaint case: 8595392
    Thank you for your help and your response dated 10 dec 2018
    I am happy that my rent account has been altered to remove the £895 arrears and the £210 court costs.
    However after taking advice on this matter i must point out that for some time i have been paying theses arrears. Also it dissapoints me that i was twice taken to court to be evicted. Subjected to stress which affected my mental health over a long period of time.
    I still ferl that i should have any moneys paid towards arrears returned and also be compensated in some way.
    Regards

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, 10:03 Kent Contact Centre (Kings Hill) <customerteam@myclarionhousing.comwrote:

Thank you for your complaint received on 26 October 2018.

Firstly, may I apologise that you have resulted in logging a complaint with us. I would like to introduce myself as your complaints handler and confirm that your case will be investigated in line with the complaints procedure.

I have been in contact with other areas of the business to look into the issues you have raised. Once I receive a response on this, I will be in contact with you.

Please feel free to contact me on 0203 754 3278 orcustomerteam@myclarionhousing.com. For any urgent queries, please contact the repairs line on 0300 555 8000 or send an email to the customer solutions inbox.

Thanks

Whitney

Clarion Housing Group Limited is registered with the Regulator of Social Housing (LH4087); and is a Charitable Registered Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (28038R) and affiliated to The National Housing Federation, and g15 (London’s 15 largest housing associations). VAT no 675646394. Clarion Housing Group Limited’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.

Clarion Housing Association Limited is registered with Regulator of Social Housing (7865); and is a Charitable Community Benefit Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (7686) and affiliated to The National Housing Federation, and g15 (London’s 15 largest housing associations). VAT no 675646394. Clarion Housing Association Limited’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.

Latimer Developments Limited is registered in England and Wales (05452017). VAT no 675646394. Latimer’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.

Clarion Response Limited is registered in England and Wales (04129615). VAT no 675646394. Clarion Response’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.

Grange Management (Southern) Limited is registered in England and Wales (08351375). VAT no 675646394. Grange’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. You may use and apply the information only for the intended purpose. If this email has come to you in error please delete it and any attachments. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clarion Housing Group and its subsidiaries do not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. You should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Please note that the Clarion Housing Group may intercept incoming and outgoing e-mail communications.

There are other companies within the Clarion Housing Group and their registration details are listed on the Clarion Housing Group website here.

Clarion Housing Group Limited is registered with the Regulator of Social Housing (LH4087); and is a Charitable Registered Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (28038R) and affiliated to The National Housing Federation, and g15 (London’s 15 largest housing associations). VAT no 675646394. Clarion Housing Group Limited’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.

Clarion Housing Association Limited is registered with Regulator of Social Housing (7865); and is a Charitable Community Benefit Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 (7686) and affiliated to The National Housing Federation, and g15 (London’s 15 largest housing associations). VAT no 675646394. Clarion Housing Association Limited’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.

Latimer Developments Limited is registered in England and Wales (05452017). VAT no 675646394. Latimer’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.

Clarion Response Limited is registered in England and Wales (04129615). VAT no 675646394. Clarion Response’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.

Grange Management (Southern) Limited is registered in England and Wales (08351375). VAT no 675646394. Grange’s registered office is at Level 6, 6 More London Place, Tooley Street, London SE1 2DA.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. You may use and apply the information only for the intended purpose. If this email has come to you in error please delete it and any attachments. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clarion Housing Group and its subsidiaries do not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. You should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Please note that the Clarion Housing Group may intercept incoming and outgoing e-mail communications.

There are other companies within the Clarion Housing Group and their registration details are listed on the Clarion Housing Group website here.

Ps

Comment

am writing in response to your request to escalate your complaint regarding the
      arrears on your rent account. I am sorry that you had cause for complaint and were
      not satisfied with the outcome at stage one of our complaints process.
      Your complaint has been passed to me to consider for a Senior Management
      Review (SMR) and having reviewed your complaint and correspondence I feel that
      the response provided at stage one of our procedures was appropriate. Whilst that
      may have been disappointing, the outcome of your complaint would not be changed
      by escalating this matter to stage two.
      At stage one of our complaints process, Whitney Dinnall, Customer Solutions
      Coordinator confirmed due to the time lapsed, we have been unable to establish
      where the arrears accrued from. There had been a system change which took place
      in 2004 where no data was brought across, simply the balance. In light of this, we
      agreed to clear the rent arrears of £895.35 plus the court fees of £210 totalling
      £1105.34.
      I confirm the decision to waive the arrears had been taken as a gesture of goodwill
      because we do not have the original evidence of how the arrears accrued prior to the
      stock transfer. I would also like to add that we sent regular statements to you which
      confirmed the rent arrears and also showed the payments you have made towards
      this. I feel that the response at stage one is fair and for this reason I am unable to
      change the outcome and there can be no reasonable expectation that this decision
      would be changed at stage two of our complaints procedure. Please note that this
      letter concludes the final stage of our complaints procedure.
      If you remain dissatisfied with this decision, as a result of The Localism Act you have
      the right to refer your complaint for consideration by a designated person. This could
      be your local MP or councillor. You can direct your complaint to the Ombudsman
      (contact details below) after eight weeks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X