• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landlord charging for Bills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord charging for Bills

Hello,

i recently left a rented room, where i was a lodger with a live in Landlord, after a few weeks of leaving i received a message saying they were going to take £300 for what they believed to be excess electricity use, i should mention that all bill were included in the agreement, they have given me two options take the £300 hit or take them to court, my questions is what is the likely outcome, i was lucky to be in a position where i sis not need the money for the new deposit, however £300 is £300

thank you
    Tags: None

Take them to court. That assumes you have the agreement, and it does say inclusive of bills.

How do they sustain this idea you were using so much energy, in any case? Not that it matters.

Comment

How do they propose to take the money?

Comment

I assume the landlord held a deposit. If the OP was a lodger, did the deposit need to be protected?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X