• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New build scaffolding on our land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build scaffolding on our land

Hi, our neighbour is building a new build house in their garden (they have planning permission) , and in the process have blocked access to the path to our back garden (the path is ours, on our title deeds, not just a right of way).
    This is because the wall of their new build adjoins said path.
    They have now put up scaffolding onto our path, blocking any possibility of accessing our back garden for removal of garden waste etc.
    All of this is with no consultation or permission from us, or the tenant who currently occupies our house.
    The neighbour doesn't live next door, as they rent their existing house out. So we have no real means of communicating except phone ...and they are not answering calls, when we originally spoke they just dismissed that it was an issue.
    The building work has now stalled for months, just to make matters drag on more. My tenant is being very patient, but is wondering how long this will go on and as I understand it I have no real options of support from any authorities as its a civil matter.
    A court order to remove scaffolding is I assume the only Legal option, but this seems really unfortunate and over the top??

Thiughts appreciated.
    Tags: None

Besides applying for a court injunction to remove the scaffolding,and prevent the continuing trespass you could issue a claim for the hypothetical value of the benefit received by him by trespassing
    Perhaps a written warning first giving him 7 days to sort it

Comment

Call a firm in to dismantle it and stack the bits next door?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X