• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TDS dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDS dispute

Hi guys,

So I've just been informed by the TDS of the charges from my previous Landlord.

These total £1200 and the deposit was £1000

Not only do I dispute this, but as the property was left in a very similar state, I am stunned that a landlord would try to profit like this!

There were 3 minor issues when moving out, the garden had a few holes in (due to dog) but was more or less in the same state when I moved in (infact I had to clear a lot of waste upon moving in).
    The carpet in the middle room had 1 minor snag, and one intermediate snag, however after discussing the carpet with the shop it was purchased they made me aware the carpet was cheap, and unsuitable for rental use in their opinion. There was a small amount of dirt/wear in the main hallway.
    Finally there was an outstanding rent payment, of which was calculated by multiplying the rent by 12, and dividing by 365, before multiplying for the days we were there (is this the correct way? We left 2 weeks into a month, I suggested paying half a months rent), and used an incorrect date for the charge.

We had issues while living there, Landlord refused to fix radiators, only partially fixed a ceiling after water damage, refused to believe there were rats (new neighbours moving in had to pay for an exterminator to get rid of the nest), and even gave one days notices, and showed up early before she got a response.

We were at the property for just over a year, but wanted to work in good faith, so when we moved in we cleared waste in the garden, disposed of a washing machine and fridge that were broken, and made minor mends and touch ups ourselves. We asked for permission for hanging things, before getting a pet, even to shave the doors as they were basically glossed shut!

Now she is trying to charge for her time cleaning, her fuel to get rid of a sofa and bed we had arranged pick up of by a charity, for her cars wear and tear, even light fittings that never existed, and keys that were returned!

Can anyone advise how to dispute this correctly please? I have tenancy agreements, made pics and videos of all fixes upon leaving the property etc

Thanks for your time
    Tags: None

TDS must have an arbitration scheme. Are you and the LL okay to use that?

It sounds like the rent calculation had a mistake in it, rather than the method being wrong.

Did you agree with the LL you could leave stuff in the flat for the charity? If so how was the charity to get in? If no agreement how was the LL to know?

The carpet - a certain amount of wear and tear is okay, but the arbitrator would have an idea how much. You should not have to pay the whole cost of replacing a carpet if it was already used.

Comment

Incase anyone read this, just as a conclusion, we went to arbitor, and the LL was awarded a payment of £200 for the quantitive amount that could be put to leaving a sofa and bed in the property.

She was not happy, and tried to appeal, she also sent angry emails, in which she requested i paid her £22 per hour for gardening, and oven cleaning she claims were required, and did herself.

I kindly thanked her for £800 of my money back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X