• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ in joint names but application to dismiss in only one name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ in joint names but application to dismiss in only one name

Hi

A claims management company (CMC) have falsely billed myself and my ex-wife for fees in reclaiming PPI. The CMC have more or less (in very round about language) admitted that they have no right to bill us although they aren't accepting any fault on their part. I've been in contact with their solicitors who are saying that as my ex-wife has put in an application to have the CCJ put aside and they say that they aren't going to dispute it that they don't need to do anything. I'm concerned that the application that my ex-wife has put in will remove the CCJ for her but leave it hanging for me. The solicitors initially said that they would apply for a Tomlin Order themselves to remove the CCJ but are now saying that they don't need to. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Tags: None

Could you speak to your ex - wife and ask her if it's possible to amend the application, that I think would be the best thing to do. That way there is certainty.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
      Could you speak to your ex - wife and ask her if it's possible to amend the application, that I think would be the best thing to do. That way there is certainty.
      Thought of that, the phrase snowball's chance in hell comes to mind.

Comment

Write a Letter of Complaint to CMC, explain what's happened, that it's there fault and what you want them to do. Explain that if they don't get the CCJ removed, you will lodge a complaint with the FOS and seek compensation for the stress this is causing you. You will need a final response from CMC to complain to the FOS. Only communicate in writing.

If you need more information from CMC, you can email a Subject Access Request Letter (look at your screen, it's located on the right hand side).

Comment

Make an application to set it aside, if they arent entitled to bill you they arent entitled to their judgment
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
            Write a Letter of Complaint to CMC, explain what's happened, that it's there fault and what you want them to do. Explain that if they don't get the CCJ removed, you will lodge a complaint with the FOS and seek compensation for the stress this is causing you. You will need a final response from CMC to complain to the FOS. Only communicate in writing.

If you need more information from CMC, you can email a Subject Access Request Letter (look at your screen, it's located on the right hand side).
            I've already raised a complaint with the Ombudsman following complaining to the CMC. The CMC are insisting they did nothing wrong in not validating the signature on the LOA, saying that they 'acted in good faith'.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
              Make an application to set it aside, if they arent entitled to bill you they arent entitled to their judgment
              I think I'm going to have to. Will there already being an application make a difference? The case has been moved to be nearer my ex-wife, although it's all being handled over the phone. I've given the solicitor a week to sort something out, then I think I'll have to make the application myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post

I think I'm going to have to. Will there already being an application make a difference? The case has been moved to be nearer my ex-wife, although it's all being handled over the phone. I've given the solicitor a week to sort something out, then I think I'll have to make the application myself.
                No it wont affect you, her application is for her, yours will be dealt with separately. Make sure you get the application right, make sure you file your witness statement exhibiting all of the relevant papers so the Judge can see why the judgment should be set aside. You will need to have regard to CPR rule 13.3 and in particular to the point in 13.3 about delay. You have one shot, one chance to hit the target, you wont get a second bite of the cherry
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post

No it wont affect you, her application is for her, yours will be dealt with separately. Make sure you get the application right, make sure you file your witness statement exhibiting all of the relevant papers so the Judge can see why the judgment should be set aside. You will need to have regard to CPR rule 13.3 and in particular to the point in 13.3 about delay. You have one shot, one chance to hit the target, you wont get a second bite of the cherry
                  Thank you.

The basis for my application would be that the LOA that the CMC rely upon up was not signed by me and I never made any contact with them. I don't know who did. The address on the LOA is also not right, it's the ex-marital home that I have not lived in for over ten years. I really cannot afford to employ a solicitor and don't see why I should as I have done nothing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X