• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Owed £55k

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Owed £55k

They can legitimately visit ANY address where they have good reason to believe there are company assets held.

Comment

Excellent. Thank you

Comment

If it's a limited company, they MUST be company property though. They can't go to his house and remove his own belongings. Sorry if that misled you!

Comment

Its difficult to determine what is/not company property, but I guess that will be upto them to prove, not the sheriff.

I knew what you meant though, but thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Is it possible to bring a claim against the secretary of the company for failing to inform creditors of changes to the company? If so, can I go after the secretary in person and for how much?

Comment

Have the HCEO not done the job for you seems unlikely you can go after the secretary if they have broken company law that's for others to pursue surely?

Comment

Originally posted by sprogg View Post
                Is it possible to bring a claim against the secretary of the company for failing to inform creditors of changes to the company? If so, can I go after the secretary in person and for how much?
                I haven't a clue sorry.

Comment

Just another thought.

Given my claim was based on a false misrepresentation, which is effectively fraud, would there be any benefit in reporting the matter to the police?

I am not the only one thats affected but am the only one taking the action.
                  This would potentially render the director(s) personally liable.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                    This would potentially render the director(s) personally liable.
                    In your opinion, how would that make the directors personally liable? Were that the case wouldn't my solicitor have suggested that approach, or was that too difficult????

Comment

Courtesy of Labman:

"The role of the director includes a duty of care to the company, its shareholders, employees and creditors. The director cannot be help personally liable for the company’s debts unless:

· The director’s personal PAYE and National Insurance (NI) contributions remain unpaid.

· Cash drawings have been taken from the business, in this case the director will be liable for their own Income Tax.

· Personal guarantees have been given on behalf of the company. This is a signed agreement that you can be held liable for a debt should the company fail to pay.

· In the even of the company being formally wound up the director the director is found guilty of the following:

§ Wrongful Trading: continuing to trade to the detriment of the company’s creditors when the company is insolvent e.g. continuing to draw a salary when the company is trading at a loss.

§ Fraudulent Trading: deliberately trying to defraud creditors or knowingly being party to the fraud taking place e.g. taking money from the company and falsifying the books.

§ Misfeasance: taking company funds/property for your own gain at the expense of the company’s creditors e.g. taking a salary rather than paying the company’s creditors.

All of the above are considered offences under the Insolvency Act 1986 and can result in the director being held liable for all of the company’s debt and the disqualification of the director. "

To which Charity has added "Corporate Manslaughter"

:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

To be fair, corporate manslaughter was only mentioned as it was for a terrible terrible debt - water rates. :beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
                          To be fair, corporate manslaughter was only mentioned as it was for a terrible terrible debt - water rates. :beagle:

Comment

The company has submitted abbreviated accounts, would it be possible then to access or have view of the full accounts and if so, how?

Comment

The company has submitted abbreviated accounts, would it be possible then to access or have view of the full accounts and if so, how?
                              Companies House?

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                                Companies House?
                                They would only have the abbreviated ones. HMRC and the company members have the full accounts, but I can't find out whether or not an outsider is allowed to see them.

I don't see why they should be TBH.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X