• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Summary Judgement - am I asking for it for the correct reasons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summary Judgement - am I asking for it for the correct reasons?

So guys/gals, help me out…

I had a telephone conference hearing to attend, for a strike put application in a Small Claim.

The defendant’s solicitors dropped the ball big time by failing to arrange for a teleconferencing service to call me at the time of the hearing (via one of four teleconferencing companies they were directed to in the hearing notice) – they put their hands up and said they made a mistake – they thought the COURTS would arrange this, despite the gearing directions stating explicitly I was to forward them my contact number an they were to arrange this (which I did). Hearing was adjourned. I was meant to have an application for default judgement heard immediately after the strike out application as the other side didn’t file a defence in time – or ever, for that matter.

So Springer Spaniel has been helping me and suggested I now ask for a summary judgement hearing. Only I have not ben able to get hold of her for a few days now.

So this is what CPR Rules I’m using in my request for Summary Judgement, what do you think?

“What order are you asking the Court to make and why?

***Summary Judgment in favour of the Plaintiff
    -under CPR Rule 24.2:
    (a) (ii) The defendant has no real prospect of successfully defending the claim or issue; and
    (b) there is no other compelling reason why the case or issue should be disposed of at a trial.
    -and under CPR rule 3.4: (2) The court may strike out(GL) a statement of case if it appears to the court –
    (2) (c) that there has been a failure to comply with a rule, practice direction or court order.
    -and under CPR rule 1.4.
    ***Awarding of costs under CPR Rule 3.4: (3) When the court strikes out a statement of case it may make any consequential order it considers appropriate.”
    Tags: None

Re: Summary Judgement - am I asking for it for the correct reasons?

duplicate thread?

Comment

Re: Summary Judgement - am I asking for it for the correct reasons?

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
      duplicate thread?
      Are you sure that's a valid reason for summary judgement? :grin:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X