• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MCOL Large Claim Strategy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCOL Large Claim Strategy

My income protection policy failed to pay out when I submitted a claim. I possess substantial evidence that supports my case. Considering the financial constraints of a full court case, I intend to pursue my insurance company via Money Claim Online (MCOL) for the initial three months' payments. I hope that a successful claim might encourage continued payments thereafter. I am quite confident, around 80% sure, of winning, given that the claim amount for three months is below the £10,000 threshold for MCOL.

Could you assist me with the following questions, please?

1. Is it feasible to initiate a court action for the initial three months and, should the payments cease, file another claim for the subsequent three months? Given that these are distinct periods, would this approach be considered separate cases?
    2. Does pursuing my claim in this staggered manner risk any negative perceptions from MCOL?
    3. Am I correct in understanding that there are no costs involved with MCOL, thereby minimising the risk of having costs awarded against me?
    4. What other options might I consider when I am eager to avoid the substantial costs potentially involved with more traditional legal proceedings?

I don't care for money, I'm claiming as Im not entitled to and support and my 5 year is undergoing leukaemia treatment I just want to spent all the time I can with her. The ombudsman man ruled against me, made some factual error and they are unable to reopen the case despite acquiring expert evidence that will heavily favour me.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X