• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cost Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost Order

Hello everyone

I need a little help please.

A solicitor accepted money from me that the court ordered needed to be paid. It was a cost order against my sister because she lost a case against his client. It was over 100k. The solicitor asked me for documentation for the payment I transferred to him. He said it was needed for AML purposes. I accepted that but never provided him anything. He anyway kept the money and ignored me when I asked further questions about why he needed so much paperwork from me. Any idea why he would take the money and not talk to me to explain exactly why he needs so much paperwork from me? He was the one that wanted all this paperwork in the beginning and then disappeared when I asked for clarification. I guess he's fullfiled his duty because he asked for proof/source of funds and can say it was never provided to him so he kept the money. I don't think I've done anything wrong though.

Thank you

HC-1
    Tags: None

AML = anti money laundering. Solicitors are required to satisfy themselves of the legitimacy of the funds.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Hello. That's exactly my point. How has he managed to satisfy himself of the legitimacy of the funds? Ive never provided him anything of the paperwork he asked for.

Comment

Re post 4*, point 1: it is the Solicitors Regulation Authority that carries out those functions.

* has post 4 been written by ChatGPT or similar?
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Definitely some kind of bot. There’s at least a couple of them that have been posting recently, similar sort of naming convention for the username and if you ‘Google’ them, they all appear to be posting to the same forums.

TiviamTonal
          TolanaAudery
          TahuluLimia (now ‘Inactive’ on here)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X