• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court of Chancery/Equity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court of Chancery/Equity

Any help on how a defendant can appeal/apply to get a case heard at a court of chancery, If a case at a magistrates court is either dismissed, or goes against the defendant? Many thanks
    Tags: None

What sort of case? A criminal prosecution?

The Chancery Division doesn't deal with criminal cases AFAIK.
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Hi, sorry about delay in responding. It's a civil case. Thanks

Comment

A civil case at magistrates?

Comment

Yes, that would be the case. Thanks

Comment

In fact would it be the same as for a County Court, or would the process of applying for a Court of Chancery hearing be different? If they are different, it would be good to know what to do with each. Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Manxman View Post
              A civil case at magistrates?
              The magistrates court hears family and related cases, licensing, some debt collection and some orders mainly in relation to children

Comment

Is this related to your other threads concerning a claim brought against you for unpaid service charges?

What stage have you reached with the litigation? Has a court made a ruling or judgement?

You need to tell us more about what is going on before anyone can advise you properly on litigation in the Chancery Division (there is no "court of chancery", it was abolished in the 19th century).
                All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I guess I'm referring to the Chancery Division given it's the 21st Century. My question was general in nature and not relating to any specific claim. However, I have just found a link to the Chancery Guide on Judiciary.uk which I may answer question.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X