• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Particulars of Claim - County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Particulars of Claim - County Court

Hello,

I am taking a sofa company to the county court unless they are able to resolve and refund money they owe me, please see the thread below for my original thread about this.

Original post - http://bit.ly/2pmdKqF

I was advised on another forum to look at this 'Take a look through sections 20-24 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.' and I was also told the following 'You have a short term right to reject if the items are not as described and have a look at para 8 re: returns charges'

Below is the first letter I sent to them;

“(My address)

UKSOFAS
    Mr ***** ******
    41 Litchfield Road
    Birmingham
    B6 5RW

18th March 2017 Receipt # 0140

Dear Mr *******,

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, I have legally rejected the goods delivered on the 17th March 2017 which are the ‘Lucy 3 + 2’ Sofas Set as they do not match what I ordered. I can legally do this even if you think the correct sofas have been sent, please see below;

Under paragraph 8 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015;

(8) Whether or not the consumer has a duty to return the rejected goods, the trader must bear any reasonable costs of returning them, other than any costs incurred by the consumer in returning the goods in person to the place where the consumer took physical possession of them.

Please arrange collection of the sofas as soon as possible.

This letter has been sent to reserve my legal position.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXx”

I was then advised the following, ‘I would have also included the s22 short term right to reject within 30 days after delivery if the items are not as described or expected.’

The company wrong back to me, please see the attachment on this thread. I was then advised the following, ‘I think they dont fully understand the CRA 2015. They misunderstand that you have 30 days in which to reject. They also misunderstand that they are responsible for the return costs. You have seen the CRA 2015, quote the relevant parts in your response. Give them a deadline of 14 days to arrange collection and include what is actually wrong with the color of the faux leather and the cushions.’

A letter was sent explaining this but the company refused to sign for it and it’s now stuck at their local postal delivery office.

I was advised to send them a letter before action which I did on the 9th April, it was sent via post and email, however, there has been no response so I have been advised to look at money claim but I need to write the particulars of claim. I have done my first draft and you can see it below, does it need changing or anything? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

I purchased a 3 and 2 sofa set from UKSOFAS. On the 28th February 2017 I paid a deposit of £69.99, on the 14th March 2017 I paid the remaining £470 payment. Delivery of the sofa set was free. The sofas that were delivered did not match what I ordered and under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 I rejected the order within the 14 days, and I asked UKSOFAS to arrange collection of the sofas. The sofas were collected on the 31st March 2017 and a refund payment was made by UKSOFAS on the 3rd April 2017 and the amount was £430 but the refund is £109.99 short which is what I am claiming for. A letter before action was sent on the 9th April 2017 however UKSOFAS did not acknowledge this letter, I did everything in my power to resolve this matter before making this claim.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kati; 17th April 2017, 08:03:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X