• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Countrywide Admin charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countrywide Admin charge

Hi all,

Unsure if this is in the right place so please do move if not.

Countrywide provide property services and cut the grass at the front of my house. I pay a service charge of c£60 per 6 months.

I recieved a letter Saturday stating that I was late with paying for the period 1-jan to 31 June and gave added a £144 admin charge.

I've not recieved any notification or letter or schedule or demand so wasn't aware of the cost which I would happily pay. I've been in touch with them stating this but they chosen to ignore that, call me an 'offender' and generally being quite nasty. They've refused to remove the charge.

My argument is I would pay but they have not notified me and that it is unfair because of their maladministration to append an admin charge. Quite a nasty and unnecessary email followed rejecting this. I'd asked for details/schedule of the specific charge to no avail - yet.

I've submitted a complaint today but wont hold my breath.

Any ideas as they are suggesting they will effect my home lease and credit history and went as far to suggest IT would effect my lenders view.

I own my home so there won't be any impact there! I clearly don't want a snowball impact of added charges so ask is this acceptable?

Cheers

T
    Tags: None

Re: Countrywide Admin charge

Anyone at all.....😳

Comment

First question is did you sign any paperwork, or did you do it online or was it face to face. The next question is does that paperwork mention admin charges or not, or whether you were told that admin charges would apply.

The admin charge for a missed payment could definitely be seen as a penalty. There is no reason how I can see them charge that much for a missed payment.

Have they threatened to affect your credit score or have they said your credit score may be affected - two different meanings there and was it in writing or over the phone
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Cheers Rib,

I've complained and raised enough issues that they've withdrawn. Nasty outfit though.

FYI they implied in writing it may effect, though as a first letter it was incredibly aggressive and provocative.

Cheers mate

Paul

- - - Updated - - -

*Rob!

Comment

Well at least it is sorted now
          If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          LEGAL DISCLAIMER
          Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X