• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Breakdown or victimisation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breakdown or victimisation?

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Hi

From what I can see (I'm no expert ), the Tribunal felt that B had no liability to disclose the protected act re her previous employer. She was not specifically asked about it by the new employer, & she remained silent about it.
    The Tribunal decided she was within her rights to do so.

How does that compare with your situation?
    I think they accused the Claimant of being dishonest by not disclosing the protected act. I think what happened there is that they were trying to use that as an excuse to sack the Claimant for being a potential litigant (victimisation). I don't think there are any substantial similarities apart from the fact that organisations will do what they think they can get away with in order to dispose of any potential threat to them as demonstrated in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by heisenberg View Post
      I think they accused the Claimant of being dishonest by not disclosing the protected act. I think what happened there is that they were trying to use that as an excuse to sack the Claimant for being a potential litigant (victimisation). I don't think there are any substantial similarities apart from the fact that organisations will do what they think they can get away with in order to dispose of any potential threat to them as demonstrated in that case.
      & you are perfectly entitled to your opinion.
      But opinion isn't necessarily enough to win a legal argument.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        & you are perfectly entitled to your opinion.
        But opinion isn't necessarily enough to win a legal argument.
        Agreed. I am inclined to agree that a victimisation claim would not succeed (though express some uncertainty). That said, I am not a solicitor and am not intimately familiar with their code of practice.

I am trying to get some legal advice and once I get that I will post the upshot.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X