• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP: letter of plea mitigation for speeding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: letter of plea mitigation for speeding

Hi i could really use some help i was cough doing 96 in a 70 its obviously gone to court and im going to plea guilty by post but iv no idea how to write a letter of mitigation and my dyslexia dosent help either my aim is to get less the 6 points and a fine or im going lose my job here is what i wrote so far advice on how to structure it better would be good

" DearSir's

FollowingMy Guilty Plea I would like you to please consider the followingfactors, Firstly I sincerely apologise for my actions on the30/06/2015 I had a long day at work starting the early hours of the30/06/2015 id I put it down to a momentarylapse of concentration on a long journey backhome, secondly I work as a heavy goods driver and giving me a harshpunishment will greatly hinder my ability to find work the majorityof heavy goods companies will not employ or allow me to work with 6points or more on my licence currently driving heavy goods is my onlysource of income as my partner dose not work, also my partner ispregnant and relies on me as transportation to any appointments if Irevive I high number of points on my licence there is a good chanceof losing my job and will hinder me to support my partner and ourunborn child "

thanks very much in advance

Tags: None

Re: HELP: letter of plea mitigation for speeding

Having a Class 1 (you break them I fix them) I can understand your need to retain your license and how important it is to your job. I won't go down the route of blame and shame, none of us are here to judge - you already know it was wrong.
    Let me have a go at writing something for you (anyone else feel free to chip in too) it wont be instant so do bear with us and keep checking back.

Having a little background info would help
    • how long have you had your licenses (car and HGV separately)
    • how long have you worked for the company and do you have a good relationship with them (are they likely to write you a reference supporting you or are you "just another driver among many)
    • have you had points before and if so what for/how long ago

The above info will help in writing something for you
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

-i got all my licences together in 2011 through the army
      -and i get or my work from agencies so im classed as self employed
      -iv never had any points but i did have to attend a speed awareness course

iv got about 2 weeks to get the letter sorted and send back so there not massive rush i just wonna get it all over and done with as soon as possible

thankyou very much for your help

Comment

OK thanks that's good info

Mentioning you are ex forces may help, not having previous points helps too.

Within your agency work, do you more often than not work for one particular company and by that I don't mean agency, i.e do you normally have regular work at "ABC logistics LTD" etc.

When did you last attend a speed awareness course and was this for an offence in the car or truck, also was it in the same county/Police force are. I assume you haven't been given the opportunity to attend a course again.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

i work for different companies all the time and iv recently just moved agencies and im awaiting a driving assessment for a new contract so iv not worked since Christmas eve so currently i have no income so im unsure what i should write on the income part of the form i have to fill out and it was a couple of years ago i did my speed awareness but cant really remember but is was 56 in a 50 average speed zone in my car

Comment

OK thanks, leave it with us

Comment

thankyou so much

Comment

Just a thought here as it may help your case, have you considered attending in person rather than by post?

Sometimes having a judge see the whites of your eyes and hear how remorseful you are goes a long way in their final decision.

Comment

well the court id have to go to because of were i got my fine is 2 hours away so its not really viable for me

- - - Updated - - -

its being delt with in Lincolnshire i live in Barnsley

Comment

Go to Court you may stand a better chance of a lighter sentence if this is so important for your job and family 2 hours each seems a small price.
                    You will be found guilty of the offence but will have a chance to get less than 6 points

Comment

I've also just noticed that the offence happened 30/6/2015, when did you receive the Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP)?

Were you pulled over by the Police or was it via a camera?

Comment

iv only just recently revived the NIP and it was a camera on A1 i understand what your saying about court but i really prefer not to have to go

Comment

Also Lincoln court is only just over 1 hr away from you ( 30 minutes if you put your foot down ; sorry couldn't resist), well worth the journey IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Ashleymosey View Post
                            iv only just recently revived the NIP and it was a camera on A1 i understand what your saying about court but i really prefer not to have to go
                            Hmmm, interesting, I'm sure they have to serve it within 14 days.............. @wales01man ??

I assume the car is in your name and you have had it some time, no change of address issues etc that would make it difficult for the Police to contact the owner/driver?

Comment

would i need i solicitor tho and i think id propably flake and not know what to say

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X