• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Quick bit of advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick bit of advice

Hi recently reclaimed £1500 from Abbey, I did not use the account for approx 11 month, and forgot about a standing order, whilst using the account regularly, evey DD etc, was not paid when I had insufficeint funds, and was charged, when not using the account for 11 months they decided to pay the standing order, after realising, I paid back the £30 they paid out, over the next 3 months charges and interest have built up to £170, they sent me letters, I phoned and sent a letter disputing the charges because they just coughed up £1500, and would pay up if they could prove their charges were proportionate to their losses, they ignored me, and got a DCA involved, I phoned the DCA telling them the above, they wrote back stating they have passed the debt back to Abbey, in the mean time Abbey have filed a default against me with the CRA's, should I pay up and reclaim? or should I let them take me to court, and ask for the disclosure in my defence?
    By them taking me to court, would they be able to scwirm out of disclosing their costs, or would the court make them produce the information, seeing as they have taken me to court?

I would keep the upper hand and claim against them first. The DCA has passed it back due to the dispte on the account, and under the banking code they shouldnt default you, or take enforcement action whilst the account is in dispute.

There is a letter in the library regarding disputed account which might help, but I would seriously work towards getting your claim In. Include removal of the default in your claim as well.

I'm in a similar position actualy after my reclaims last year and have another £290 odd to claim back, just so they can pay them selves off, seems a bit gauling i have to stump up court fees up front to clear the debt I agree, bt rather that than go through a claim against me again.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X