• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taking action against the police

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking action against the police

Good evening,

Myself and my girlfriend have recently moved into an area, which we assumed was quite quiet. We had checked the police records for the area before agreeing to move, and it all seemed ok.

After being her for just three months, we have suffered vandalism to my girlfriend's car which cost over £500.00 to put right, have had our rear gate kicked in just a few days ago and a small number of similar criminal related matters. It is not just us who is at the receiving end of this criminality in the street and I have become increasingly infuriated by Essex Police's response to our reports of crime which always amount to "sorry, we have no budget there is nothing we can do".

We are both really confused and frustrated as to what it exactly is that we pay our council tax for and after repeated lobbying and contacting my local force, I have been totally unable to get any info from them on when they last patrolled our area, if there have been similar incidents etc. I have also been promised a number of visits from the police in relation to the incidents we have suffered, and have had absolutely nothing.

As a hard working tax payer, I am really at a loss as to what exactly I am doing paying into a broken system and have considered taking matters into my own hands to deal with these criminals, but fear as is often the case in this country...I would end up in more trouble than the real criminal.
    Can anyone please tell me if I have any legal grounding to take action against the police force for a total lack of police coverage and support. If this were any other service, I would be entitled to a full refund - I appreciate it doesn't work like that.

We are both living in fear that something else may happen and we have absolutely no faith in our local police force who seem ill-equipped to deal with anything.

Comments and suggestions would be very much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Taking action against the police

What police records did you check? If the police do not act on your complaints complain higher chief constable police commissioner doubtful you will e=get much satisfaction regarding their future action if you knew how many officers were actuallu out and about in yours and other counties in the evening/night you would be shocked little wonder theres not much response

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X