• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Contesting A Will - Advice Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contesting A Will - Advice Please

My husband has only been granted an initial £10000 of the estate which is basically worth around £120K..

The SIL will get the most of it his niece and nephew will get £10K each.

We have concerns about the will be valid because the SIL had influence over the father and he was very vulnerable as he had just come out of hospital when he changed the will in April 2012.

The previous will had been an equal share of 50/50 between my husband and SIL.

In February 2012 we have a number of witnesses who can vouch that she was saying "We need to protect our inheritance because if he goes into a nursing home there will be no money left and I want to be mortgage free".

Its shocking behaviour on her part forcing him to be in his flat in a wheel chair when he should have been in residential care.

Comment

Well, looking at the amounts involved and the uncertainty of success I don't anticipate many advising you to contest the will.
      But do discuss with your solicitor.

Comment

Tragic though it may see the sensible advice is do nothing as it can cost a fortune to dispute a Will and its extremely hard to prove coercion particularly in this case when its the sister your accusing. As you have stated like it or not she took care of all his needs always keeping your husband her brother at arms length.

Do you have ANY proof/witnesses who will support you? Did he have any form of Dementia or Alzheimer's etc? Would his doctor know?

Comment

Breaking news!!!!!!! I've just spoken to a Private Client Solicitor and have been told that a colleague of theirs has very recently undertaken and settled a claim for an excluded beneficiary in the sum of £90,000!!!!
          This was undertaken on a CFA no-win no-fee basis. I'm also advised that a claim can be taken up even if its just for nuisance value you may get something.
          Please PM AME and ask if its OK for me to give you the name of said solicitor

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X