• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Someone Impersonating our company.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone Impersonating our company.....

Ok so, trying to keep anonymity!!!!!
    Basically someone has registered a domain name very close to our company, all they did was add one extra letter! but if you flash a glance at the email it looks like it came from us, they are contacting our suppliers and trying to get stock delivered elsewhere (very expensive stock). Anyway the police are involved now, but where do we stand legally with the Domain registration company if they continue letting this domain name run live knowing it is used fraudulently? the domain name company is based in the EU.
    Do we have any legal rights? Intellectual property?

Re: Someone Impersonating our company.....

If it's a UK domain, see if you can do a complaint to Nominet.

http://www.nominet.org.uk/disputes/w...-and-procedure

Comment

It sounds like passing off to me, which is common law.

See under 'passing off' http://www.out-law.com/page-5700

Comment

Great thanks, that's the information i was looking for, I will investigate further, yes it is a .co.uk name, i will also contact nominet, hopefully they can suspend the fraudulent account.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X