• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do customs operate internally in the UK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do customs operate internally in the UK?

Not sure if this is suited to this forum but I couldn't find an answer anywhere else on the internet.
    For example, if I was sending a parcel from Brighton to Manchester, would customs check it?
    Tags: None

Re: Do customs operate internally in the UK?

Now we're all wondering what you are sending in the parcel

Customs wouldn't check internal mail, however I believe suspicious packages are flagged up by the RM centres for checking, but formally the Royal Mail say;

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/he...stricted-Goods
    http://www.royalmail.com/personal/he...ohibited-Goods

You are responsible for checking whether or not an item is prohibited or restricted. If you send prohibited goods or restricted goods (and you do not comply with the relevant terms and conditions), we may deal with your items as we see fit, including but not limited to, disposing of the parcels concerned (in whole or in part).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

H.M. Customs do not have any lawful authority to interfere with items being transported via the Royal Mail within the United Kingdom. They are not supposed to interfere with mail entering the UK from other European Union states, without prior intelligence, but they do. I had this when I ran a printing and publishing business and was receiving typewritten reports from two Dutch freelance journalists. After a couple of instances of interference, the two journalists and myself formally complained to Royal Mail and H.M. Customs and Excise (as they were at the time). Royal Mail tried to blame HMCE, claiming they asked them to do it and they had to comply and HCE claimed they had power to do so. Not so, as the two Dutch journalists were pretty shrewd cookies and completely ripped Royal Mail and HMCE's claims to shreds. After a heated exchange of letters threatening legal action, there were no more instances of mail arriving with a H.M. Customs sticker on it after that.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I am not very sure on this. Every country has different laws.

Comment

Originally posted by bobba View Post
          Not sure if this is suited to this forum but I couldn't find an answer anywhere else on the internet.
          For example, if I was sending a parcel from Brighton to Manchester, would customs check it?
          Not unless it had been misrouted via the Duchy of Grand Fenwick, the Principality of Sealand or the Peoples' Republic of South Yorkshire.

I do hope this helps.

Comment

Yes, between the Channel Islands & the rest of the UK.
            Sending a parcel to the Channel Islands requires a customs declaration.

http://www.royalmail.com/personal/help-and-support/I-need-advice-about-customs-requirements

Look at the end of Countries in the EU.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X