• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with CCJ

Hi

I am having a nightmare with a CCJ. I had an alleged overpayment of salary in 2008, found out this year I had a CCJ. I then disputed it and asked for a SAR. Once i got this I realised that the CCJ was made on an incorrect salary. The job advertised one salary, paid another and when they informed me I had been overpaid, I disputed this. I recieved copies of my payslips and they did not record any overpayment. In fact all I have to show for the overpayment is there paperwork. I have tried checking my bank account but it does not go back that far, I cant remember it being more than it should be.
    I should point out that I was also quite ill at the time and on medication, so everything was based on SAR paperwork. I found A letter I had written after they threatened court action, I put along the lines of...."i offer £10 a week, but maintain this is an admin error" Then I went to court with a court clerk and filled some forms. Was this an admission, or as i pointd out there was an admin error and it was not on a defence form, is it proceduraly correct?
    In short, when I approached the local authority (who were the employer) they admitte they had made an error in calculations, but wanted me to authorise a change to the CCJ. They still have not given any proof of the overpayment, but said I can pay by installments.
    Any help would be great, its driving me mad. I feel they have made an error, which they admit, they can not give me any proof of overpayment. All I want is the CCJ set aside and perhaps an admission of their error.
    They also infomed me that the finance department that was there when I was employed no longer deals with the payroll for my old employment.
    Can I get back to them with anything, or am I stuffed......I though about getting the CCJ set aside on the grounds of incorrect amount, the fact they had made a mistake and could not provide evidence the debt exists......

HELPPPPPPP

Re: Help with CCJ

I would advice you to take some legal help. Firstly collect all the important documents you have and talk to a lawyer. I am sure you will get some advice and help.

Comment

Hi stephen22,

You say you 'found out this year' that you had a CCJ.

Did you receive the court claim form some time previously?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

If you are in trouble then i am asking you to take some help by choosing the best lawyer according to your requirements and solve your issues legally. The important thing is that there is the need of all the documents which are you required to show the lawyer. I am sure you will easily get the best advice as according to your requirements.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X