• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default Registration.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Registration.

Can a Bank register a default with the Credit Agencies, when a person has a case against them in court?

Re: Default Registration.

Do you owe them anything and if so, have you stopped paying?

Comment

Yes on three loans and a mortgage. Have stopped paying all because they owe me £3.5K penalty charges from current account. Today received letter offering to refund ALL the pc's on all loans and mortgage account. £1400 without a murmur. But current account is in court still, awainting their defence on Benefits claim. Except for mortgage the loans should be up to date. The bank has filed defaults with the credit agency, even though there is a court case. I notified them that we were in 'Legal Dispute' months ago.

Comment

When you say 'except for mortgage the loans should be up to date', does this mean you have arrears on your mortgage?

Who are you reclaiming from?

Comment

Claiming from Halifax £3.5k of PC's on Current Account. Taken from Benefits. Been ongoing since Feb 07.

Have arrears on Mortgage, with Halifax.

They filed 'Default Notices' about 5 months into my claim. Sent letter stating that we are in 'Legal Dispute' at begining. Didn't stop them filing defaults, which I believed being in Legal Dispute would have.
          Paul.

Comment

Just as a minor point, i wouldn't advise anyone to stop paying their mortgage, wether they are in dispute over charges or anything else. The old saying "your home is at risk if you fail to keep up payments" should be sufficient.

You have not said if there are any other circumstances as to why you stopped paying, but, my advice would be to make sure you sort out those arrears as a priority.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X