• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage ERCs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi FG, the general advice at the moment is not to claim erc,s, due to MF5's loss, until a stategy is devised.

Ashley quote
    When you entered into this bargain, your mortgage company asked you in return for the bargain to give it a minimum amount of time you would trade with them, and they also said, in the event you leave before x date you will do x, the ERC. This was not hidden and you entered freely into this agreement with your eyes open.

Ash, I disagree, the fact is that those people with ccj's or defaults, have had the privalige of choice removed due to financial hick ups, is manufactured by the mortgage companies, with ccj's or a default, it is impossible to get a mortgage without an erc, and a decent interest rate, surely the risk to the mortgage company has been compensated by the inflated interest rate and exit fees on debitors with a bad credit report?
    The fact that I may find a better deal with another company, should allow me to terminate the standard form contract by giving a period of notice. The fact that I am punished by a Mortgage company for bettering my financial well being would amount to a penalty, and the fact that their agreement/contract put themselves in a position of control, I beleive would amount to discuised penalties.

Comment

Re: Mortgage ERCs

To amend the above, if you took a mortgage on a 25 year agreement, and had 18 month discount, when you redeem the mortgage, the mortgage company have the legal right to reclaim the amount you was discounted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X