• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim for costs in dealing with parking contravention notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court Claim for costs in dealing with parking contravention notice

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    Where to next?
    I have either of the following options:
    • Give up and let the scum bags have the £35, work out another way to get back at them in the future.
    • Stick to my guns and wait for an NTO then go with a formal appeal where I will include my considerable costs for this complete and utter waste of time.

Just for your own reassurance, I am a very honest and normal human being. I have never had a fine in my life, because I park considerately and in accordance with the law. If these idiots think they can get away with this, they wont, and I will see to it that the money I loose, or the time I loose, is fully replaced.

Comment

NO one was doubting your honesty the doubts were could you make any claim for damages etc I don't no the answer but would think its doubtful the NTO would pay you anything your defence to their ticket must be its not illegal to park there >I would feel the same way you do good luck to you if you carry on the fight might be an idea to pay the £35 then pursue the actions against them

Comment

Thanks for your post
        Well this was my idea, to pay the £35 and then pursue them, but I posted on PepiPoo forums and I was told that, that approach is the wrong way to do things:
        It doesn't work like this.

If you pay, that's it. If you want to challenge, then you need to wait for the NTO which will be sent to the registered keeper whom we presume is you.

Comment

But pepipoo are not gonna pay the extra £35 and any other costs/fees Your decision of course I know what mine would be

Comment

Actually, when members of Pepipoo feel strongly about a case, they club to gether and pay for it between them. It's a brilliant community.

Comment

And LB is not?

Comment

And LB is not?
                You're twisting my words. The fact that one site is a brilliant community in no way means another is not. However, and this is not a criticism, nor a suggestion we should, but I've yet to see the day LB members pay for a legal case from their own pockets for a member they don't even know.

Comment

I wish I could pay help some who come on here but unless seven numbers come up on euromillions I cant I was not twisting your words sorry if you thought I was

Comment

I wish I could pay help some who come on here but unless seven numbers come up on euromillions I cant I was not twisting your words sorry if you thought I was
                    Don't worry Wales! :tinysmile_grin_t: I'm sure many of us wish we had the money to be able to fund deserving cases on here. Speaking for myself, I'm completely brassic! I was listening to David Frost's final interview yesterday, and he said time is far more important than money. When he had a choice, he would always waste money in order not to waste his time. Time was a most precious commodity, and every moment should be lived to the full.

Most things in life are more important than money in my book.

Comment

"I may lose a battle, but I will never lose a minute"

"Ask anything of me except time"

Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by henrygregory View Post
                        Hi, I was recently served a PCN from Essex Parking Partnership for an alleged parking contravention.
                        I have challenged them informally and had the most useless response back. I am planning on now formally challenging this PCN and would be grateful to know if I would be able to put my costs forward. Looking into this issue has cost me hours of my own time which I would now like to charge at litigant in person rate. I understand that if I am even able to do this, I could not realistically consider it unless I win the formal challenge, but would really appreciate it if anyone could give me any further info.

Thanks.
                        Although you are able to issue a county court claim, it would likely fail.

I am unaware of any successful claims against a council for costs in dealing with a PCN.

The only chance of being awarded costs are at adjudication, but adjudicators (both TPT and PATAS) are very loath to do so and costs are only awarded very rarely.

Comment

But pepipoo are not gonna pay the extra £35 and any other costs/fees Your decision of course I know what mine would be
                          What they mean is, by paying it ,you admit you are in the wrong and cannot then say you are not.

Comment

The pepipoo site is second to none and the knowledge, you cannot beat. This parking con really needs sorting out. I recently appealed parking my estate in a loading bay for goods vehicles, I even had business insurance on the car. The adjudicator after listening to my appeal, went off to get further advice. Half hour later, he up held my appeal but on nothing I had cited, he allowed it on a technical issue, if there was one. What he did say after, was that he could never allow my appeal in London on what I based the appeal on. They change the rules as its a big business, we are the CASH COWS and they are milking us dry.

Comment

By not paying it escalates to courts bailiffs and hassle it could be paid with a statement added and sent to yhe parking dept at the council and the CEO stating that you and with no guilt and will contest this I would not like to quote the odds on winning without a long and no doubt expensive fight

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X