• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How Do Solicitors Trace People?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do Solicitors Trace People?

Not a legal question, but hopefully any solicitors here will be able to help me. I know that solicitors sometimes need to trace people for various reasons, and I was wondering how they went about this. Are there any methods that are used, or is tracing people farmed out to a service?

I'm trying to find the owner of a disused property, but so far I've drawn a blank. So far, I've done a search with Land Registry and it turns out the property is unregistered. I've also made local enquiries, but no one knows who the owner is. I've found a company called 1stLocate that will trace the owner of an unregistered property, so that's a possibility.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

Mark
    Tags: None

Re: How Do Solicitors Trace People?

Hi Pixelrat! Not an answer to your specific question but you could try the Land Registry for this one www.landreg.gov.uk/

Doh - sorry - teach me to skimread

Comment

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/how-to-fi...perty-and-land ?

Comment

The council where the property is should have some info on it.

Comment

historical records, national archives, local information and land records?

Comment

It might seem a silly question, but why do you need to know? The answer you want may not be the answer to the question you are asking!

Comment

Pixelrat - Just google your name and see what comes up. You may be shocked.

Comment

Try the electoral register to see who was the last occupant to register to vote at the address.
                Once you have a name you can try and trace them through Birth, Deaths and Marriages or the DWP or even the Post Office.

If you are enquiring with regards to making an Adverse Possession Order you can file the required paperwork with the land regustry and then wait 12 years to see if anyone comes forward and claims to be the owner, of course they would have to prove they own the property before they can stop your APO.

Originally posted by pixelrat View Post
                Not a legal question, but hopefully any solicitors here will be able to help me. I know that solicitors sometimes need to trace people for various reasons, and I was wondering how they went about this. Are there any methods that are used, or is tracing people farmed out to a service?

I'm trying to find the owner of a disused property, but so far I've drawn a blank. So far, I've done a search with Land Registry and it turns out the property is unregistered. I've also made local enquiries, but no one knows who the owner is. I've found a company called 1stLocate that will trace the owner of an unregistered property, so that's a possibility.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

Mark

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X